Sunday, December 01, 2013

Shopping Guide: Berjaya Times Square: The Infamous No Trying Zone: The Bermuda Triangle for Fabrics


Berjaya Times Square is a building one of its kind in Malaysia; business office, shopping mall, indoor amusement park, hotel, and a condominium.

But what baffles me is that with over 1000 retail outlets selling pretty much the same clothes, most of them would have this sign hung up somewhere in their little store.


Today, I decided to crack this mystery. So, whilst, SiChanted was looking for add items to her overflowing wardrobe, I did the detective work.




I may have made myself looked like the creepy guy with a camera in a female clothes store, but I had to keep telling myself not to make this as a reason to back out.

So at the first outlet, when SiChanteq was done with picking her clothes and is at the cashier to check out, I took the chance to question the sales promoter on the weird restriction. Her reply was simply, "All these clothes come in free size".

The same reply was given at the second and third outlet.

The forth shop however had pants in variety of sizes and they too had put up the no trying sign. When asked, the promoter gave me a blank face and said, "We have no fitting room".

a) Seriously what is this? Lord of the Fabric-One size to fit them all? How is it possible that the free size is a size that fits all body shapes and measurements.
b) Why would they want their customers to imagine how the look like in the dress when it would be easier to come with a decision once they have tried it on.
c) What if a dress fits perfectly on customerA but looks weird on customerB despite having the same body size because life works in mysterious way, and Berjaya Times Square is there to add on to the mystery if the dress bought looks good on you or otherwise.
d) If you can invest in having abundance of stock, why not a simple fitting room.
e) I cant remember why I started writing this post or why do I even care. -__-

No comments:

Post a Comment