Saturday, November 09, 2013

#Awi4 #PRU4Antarctica: Waiting For The Call

From the moment I overheard my colleagues talking about Prudential Assurance Malaysia Berhad (PAMB) and Prudential BSN Takaful Berhad (PBTB) have set up a contest to send 2 lucky Malaysians to Antarctica for a 14 days trip lead by the living legend, the Sir Robert Swan, first person to walk on both North and South Pole; I could not stop thinking about it day and night. The contest, in a format of 2 filtering rounds, would first require participants to submit a frontal picture of themselves. 10 lucky participants will then be selected for the second round where they would be required to produce a 3 minute video.

Only 2 lucky winners will be sent to the Earth's southernmost continent.

Throughout the hot sunny day of 4th of October 2013, my mind was not really at work. It was busy orchestrating schemes on how I could land myself in the final 2 spot for the trip. It was also the day that I made alot of calls to friends, begging for them to loan me their climbing gears and I even walked up and down the office trying to find props for my photoshoot.

Being alone at home with an awful lot of free time that night this is what happened.



After much consideration, I picked this particular photo and quickly submitted.


Seriously, this picture has everything that is required for the winning photo. 


I was pleased with myself with the photo, I came to a stumble block during the submission when it had to accompanied with a tacky 50 word slogan why Prudential Malaysia should pick you for the trip. Didn't a good job with the wordings but I was very confident on the progress that I have achieved.

It was not until just now that I remembered that the final day of submission was on the 1st of November 2013 and revisited the #PRU4Antarctica official contest website to check on updates and saw this announcement:


All I need to do is pray hard that they would call me up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment